Looking for a chewy granola bar recipe that super easy? Look no further. This is a no bake recipe that you can pull together in 10 minutes or less. If you don’t have a food processor, it will take slightly longer as you’ll have to mix this by hand.
If you are used to thick granola bars, this isn’t your recipe. These bars are about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick after spreading. This is why I used an 8×8 inch pan, so don’t go any larger than this or you’ll have a difficult time spreading them and they will be entirely too thin. After setting for a bit, they are the perfect consistency. Not at all hard, but delightfully chewy. And the sweetness of the dates and maply syrup is enough to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
This recipe leaves room for any add-ins you may want to try. In fact, its a perfect base for other ingredients. As you can see in the picture, I added in about 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips. But you can either leave the recipe as is or try some of the recommendations in the “Notes” section if you like.
Just keep in mind that when adding any extras, you also need to adjust the nutrition information. The nutrition information below does not include the 1/4 cup chocolate chips that I added. The chocolate chips would add an additional 27 calories, 1.5 gm total fat, 0.8 gm saturated fat and 3 gm carbohydrates per bar. I also suggest not adding any tropical oils or coconut to this recipe since it does not follow American Heart Association guidelines for a heart healthy diet. This chewy granola bar recipe is great as written, so hopefully you agree and enjoy them too.
For another lickety split “no bake” recipe which also includes oats, try my Oatmeal Protein Bites (2 Ways).
Chewy Granola Bar Recipe
- 1 Food Processor optional
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- 8 oz medjool dates about 10 dates
- 2 oz almonds roasted and unsalted
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt optional
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Process all ingredients in food processor until mixture forms into a dough-like consistency. This is your base.1 ½ cups oatmeal, 8 oz medjool dates, 2 oz almonds, 1 cup peanut butter, ½ cup maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt
- Add and additional ingredients you'd like at this time (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc.).
- Press into the lined 8×8 inch square pan using your fingers or another sheet of wax paper.
- Refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set. Enjoy!
- For additional add-ins, try any other nuts, sunflower seeds, dried fruits such as raisins, carob or chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate bits or cocao nibs, etc.